Monday, June 15, 2015

Stranded Trekkers To Meet Atiku Regrets Actions.




Alhaji Atiku Abubakar
Abubakar Suleiman (Trekker, Lagos State), Salihu Jibrin (Trekker, Shelleng town, Adamawa State) and Aliyu Adamu (Bicycle Rider, Kaduna State) all embarked on a trekking and bicycle riding expedition from their respective residents to Adamawa State, in honour of former Vice-President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, in the hope of meeting the man for his role played in the recent victory of the APC in the last general election in the country, has been stranded in Yola, the capital of Adamawa and are now regretting their actions.
The tired and dejected trio complained bitterly about the unexpected treatment they got after they laboured for several weeks to get to Yola as they have not been allowed to see Atiku or even his aides. They have neither been able to meet with their hero nor get any form of compensation from him nor anyone else.

While narrating his ordeal, Jibrin said “I trekked for 38 days all the way from Lagos to Yola to see Atiku in view of his role over APC victory in the general election but up to now I was unable to see him.


I am now stranded with no money to go back; at times I sleep in motor park or squat with good Samaritans."

Adamu, the bicycle rider said: “I want to thank the Secretary, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Adamawa Council, Mr Baba Zare, who had been assisting me since arrival to cope with the difficult situation I found myself.
 

I want to meet Atiku before finding my way back to Kaduna."


The Shelleng trekker, Suleiman, in his own case has little to complain about for he was able to locate one of his relatives in Yola to squat with, but insisted he’s going to keep his faith alive until he is able to meet with his hero and get his compensation from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment