Thursday, July 30, 2015

I Won’t Serve In Buhari’s Government – Ex-Presidential Spokesman



Former spokesperson to President Muhammadu Buhari during the 2011 presidential election, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, has said he would not work with his former principal, President Buhari even if he gets appointed.

Mr. Yinka Odumakin, who is the National Publicity Secretary of pan-Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere, stated this in an interview with Vanguard newspaper.


 “I did not support the party (APC) during their campaign, I am not an opportunist, it would amount to opportunism. Some of us are principled enough to know what is right and what is wrong. I cannot do that for any reason” Odumakin said when asked if  he would accept an offer to serve in the Buhari government.

He added that he has no regrets supporting former President Goodluck Jonathan in the last general elections and asked Nigerians to give president Buhari time, stressing that it is too early to judge his former boss.

“I think it will be unfair for me to come to conclusions about an administration that is just over 40 days in office. Let us allow him some more time,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment