Saturday, November 07, 2015

Super Eagles striker hails Oliseh, speaks on Enyeama, Emenike’s retirement

Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo has hailed coach Sunday Oliseh opining that he can make Nigeria the best in Africa.

The striker was part of Oliseh’s Super Eagles squad that played last month’s friendly games against Congo and Cameroon.

In an interview with BBC Africa, Ighalo was asked how it was working under Oliseh and the striker only had nice things to say.

I think he has a lot to offer because he’s still rebuilding the team,” Ighalo said.
“The first two games were great playing with him because I think he has good ideas which I have seen.”

The Watford striker also revealed that Oliseh’s tactics are similar to the one he plays with at club level.
He sets us up in a 4-2-3-1 formation which is the same way we play here in the club,” he continued.

I can see some of the tactics in training and the philosophy he wants to play with. He wants us to play with the ball and be aggressive without it and I think if we the players do what he’s teaching us we will become one of the greats in Africa.”

Ighalo was also asked about the recent retirement from the Super Eagles by Vincent Enyeama and Emmanuel Emenike.

Enyeama retired after fallen out with Oliseh in the Super Eagles camp in Belgium where they were based for the October friendly games.

Ighalo however refused to talk about what happened in camp.

“Like they say ‘what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas’ so what happens in the Eagles camp stays in the Eagles camp,” he said.

He said he just saw the news of Emenike’s retirement on Twitter and has not spoken to the Al Ain striker about it.

“If he says its okay for him not to play for the Super Eagles again, then I wish him well, because he's a good player, very nice guy, funny and was great for the national team,” Ighalo added.

Even Enyeama too,  if they say it's time for them to call it a day, nobody can question that cause we are all humans, we don't know what they are feeling inside.

You only hear what people say, everybody has what is in their mind.

“If I take my own decision, nobody can question me, you have your own opinion, I have my own opinion.”

The striker has been on form for Watford, scoring seven goals so far in the English Premier League so far his season.

He is also the highest goal scorer this year in English top four tier, but he says he’s not getting carried away.
I'm not carried away with that,” he said, “because I have not achieved anything, "  he said. 

“I just to have to keep learning and continue helping my team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment