Wednesday, September 02, 2015
Premier League breaks summer spending record with £870million
According to financial analysts, Deloitte, the Premier League has broken its record for spending in the summer transfer window, going from £835 million last year to £870 million.
Manchester City were responsible for £160 million, most of which they spent on Wolfsburg’s Kevin De Bruyne (£54m), Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling (£49m), and Nicolas Otamendi (£32m) from Valencia.
“This summer has seen another record level of transfer spending, as Premier League clubs continue to use increases in their revenue to invest in playing talent,” Alex Thorpe from the Sports Business Group at Deloitte told the BBC.
“Total spending in 2015, across both the January and summer windows, is also a new record, reaching the £1 billion mark for the first time.
“With all 20 of the Premier League clubs now ranked in the top 40 globally by revenue, we have seen clubs across the league compete successfully in the market for international talents. Premier League clubs’ gross spending on players from overseas clubs this summer totaled more than half a billion pounds.”
Most English clubs are benefiting from a 70% increase in the revenue for television rights for the 2016-2019 seasons, with Sky and BT paying a combined £5.136bn in February.
“Looking across Europe, Premier League clubs’ gross and net spending this summer is more than double that of any other European league,” Thorpe added.
“The driving force behind this is the growth and distribution mechanism of the league’s broadcast rights.
“Earlier this year we reported the remarkable re balancing of revenues and costs, such that Premier League clubs collectively generated pre-tax profitability for the first time since 1999, with clubs set to enjoy a further revenue boost when the next broadcast deals start in 2016.
“Therefore, despite a new record level of player transfer spending this year, collectively Premier League clubs have a chance to invest in playing talent whilst remaining profitable in a way that was previously not the case.”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Queen Yewande Adejoke Onipede, the first ArmanikEdu Queen Gorgeous and beautiful Miss Yewande Adejoke Onipede has just been crowned...
-
Popular singer Maheeda who loves posting raunchy pictures on Instagram and turning guys on, planned on investing big. Maheeda has att...
-
The average Nigerian woman can't wait to get married due to family, societal and peer pressures ( my friends are getting married)...
-
Another building has reportedly collapsed at Kakawa Street, on Lagos Island on Monday.
-
This is to inform all ArmanikEdu readers ( AE readers) that ArmanikEdu will be crowning the ArmanikEdu Queen of the Month , startin...
-
A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, says Nigeria has been destined to fail since its creation by the British in 1914. ...
-
Cairo (CNN) A Russian passenger airliner crashed early Saturday in the Sinai Peninsula, with 224 people aboard, officials said. ...
-
19-year-old Stephanie Del Valle, representing Puerto Rico won the 66th edition of the Miss World pageant which held on Sunday, 19th ...
-
A Texas father of two has been charged with child abandonment after his six-year-old daughter strangled her one-year-old brother with...
-
Melania Trump attended a White House event for military veterans on Monday, ending a 25-day absence from the public eye that had sent the r...

No comments:
Post a Comment