Saturday, October 03, 2015

British singer opens up on body insecurities, confidence, beauty


Rita Ora opens up in a recent interview to Yahoo Beauty's Editor in Chief Bobbi Brown about her body insecurites.

The British pop singer who has collaborated with cosmetics giant Rimmel, fronted campaigns for DKNY, Roberto Cavalli, Coca-Cola and more revealed she hasn't always been comfortable in her skin and wears her signature bold red lipstick for 'confidence'.

On how comfortable she was then and is now about her face and body.
"No I wasn’t. It’s a great facade, It’s a whole character of mine. I matured much earlier when I was growing up. I started my period when I was, like 13. I started to get breasts and a butt way younger than other kids. I went to musical theater school where we would wear leotards for dance classes, so you couldn’t really hide anything. I used to get bullied for it. And then at 16, when peoples’ hormones started kicking in, I was all hot again. I think it definitely was a crazy teenage confusion for me. Meeting my fans now they’re like, “Thank you so much for being so comfortable in your skin.” I think they are more grateful for that than for anything. It’s important for someone’s state of mind to feel comfortable instead of feeling like they have to fit in all the time". Another photo after the cut...

On why she rocks signature red lips and never nude or softer shades.
"My personal favorite is red, but a lot of people have told me that the nudes and the browns suit me more. Recently I’ve been definitely a bit more comfortable with it. We shot Elle Canada the cover yesterday, and it’s my second nude [makeup] cover, which is a bit crazy, but it looks really cool. I think it was definitely a confidence mask starting out, but now I’m getting into it and really understanding it. I’m starting to experiment more, especially with my eye makeup".
The stylish British singer revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment